Better Communication through the Holidays
Things have been strained between you and your child since they told you they were gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. The holidays are approaching. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could all enjoy them free of the strain and stress?
- Wouldn’t it be great to talk to someone who has been there and understands?
- Would you like that person to be kind, supportive and non-judgmental?
- Wouldn’t it be great if in 15 minutes, you could see a shift in your relationship with your child that will allow you to enjoy the holidays with them?
On the day before Thanksgiving I’m opening my phone to talk to parents of LGBT youth who are struggling with acceptance. I will give each parent 15 minutes of my undivided attention.
What I offer is to guide parents and their kids to communicate effectively, trust one another and accept one another where and as they are.
As the proud mother of a gay son and champion for people who are different, it’s my privilege and pleasure to be the safe harbor for family members who want acceptance without judgment and to find a path to a loving, understanding, accepting family environment with my coaching and support. I know what it’s like to be told your child is gay and what is means to adjust expectations and deal with a roller coaster ride of emotions.
There is no magic bullet but you can have a joyous holiday and celebrate together in love and harmony.
Don’t be shy! Here are the details:
Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm PST
To speak with me in person, privately: 415-987-3194
- It’s free to participate. No opt in is required.
- Sessions are 15 or fewer minutes. If you get voice mail, leave a message or call back in a few minutes
Join me and let’s make a difference in your holidays this year.