Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the United States. When I used to host my own Thanksgiving, I loved going around the table and having everyone express what they are grateful for. Since I’m no longer hosting, I miss that tradition.
So you get to be my family and sit around my Thanksgiving table as I share what I am grateful for. I hope you will share your gratitude with me as well.
I know this list won’t be inclusive as there is so much to be grateful for but here goes!
I’m grateful for:
- Having an early Thanksgiving with my son and son-in-law on Sunday
- Sharing Thanksgiving with my younger son, his wife, her family and my grandsons
- The beauty of Fall
- Having my husband by my side as I travel this road of life
- The friendships I’ve had across the years, the friends I have today, old and new
- The many people I’m friends with whom I’ve never met
- The moms and dads who fiercely love their LGBTQ children
- The progress we’ve made in LGBTQ rights
- The beautiful home I get to live in
- My health, the health of my husband and family
- Getting older. Considering the alternative, I’ll take it!
- Personal growth and the progress I’ve made over the years
- Having a personal relationship with the God of my understanding
- The communities I belong to – there are many
I know there is more but that’s what comes up easily and effortlessly and I’m willing to share! 😉
Please share in the comments below what you are grateful for this year.