Yesterday was Christmas. Most of you know that I’m Jewish and so don’t celebrate Christmas at home but I do have Christmas traditions.
We are visiting California, where we lived for the past 29 years (not counting this last year since we left). We spent Christmas eve with long time friends and Christmas Day with my sister-in-law and her family.
This time of year makes me think a bit more about all I have to be grateful for. This is my Christmas gratitude list.
- A beautiful home in a beautiful area.
- Living close to and seeing my older son regularly.
- Living close to and seeing my younger son and his family more often.
- Being here with my husband. He said he thought this move made us closer. I agree and I’m so grateful to have him by my side.
- My long-time friends in California, the many connections I have there.
- My sister.
- The new friends I’ve made here. So many feel like long-time friends and more like family than friends.
- The work I’m privileged to do.
- The many parents of LGBTQ kids I know. I get to witness them loving and supporting one another and every day I get to share a message of hope with them.
- The beauty in the world. There is so much of it – I just need to remember to look.
- The internet and modern technology which allows me to stay connected to those I love who live very far away.
- My program of recovery and the path I’ve walked for many years along with so many others.
I’m sure there’s more but this is what is on my mind today. What are you grateful for?