I was recently introduced to Alazan, a sustainable tropical community in Costa Rica. Aside from being incredibly beautiful and totally environmental, it is amazingly affordable. I don’t want to misquote prices, but trust me, it is paradise and it is affordable! And it is totally LGBT friendly!
From their website: “The Alazan vision is to create an intentional community of people who are drawn to the Costa Rican lifestyle and are committed to:
- living in harmony with nature
- ecologically sustainable land development practices
- reducing consumption of natural resources, including
energy, water, and non-renewable materials
- respecting natural inhabitants and the environment
- social responsibility and involvement with the greater community
- adopting and enjoying a serene, more relaxed lifestyle
- maintaining a positive, vibrant social structure among Alazan residents”
Most of those who have bought lots and built homes are members of the LGBT community and those who aren’t are allies. That’s another thing I love about it. Some of the owners are planning on retirement in Costa Rica and others just love the country and visit it often.
Imagine living in a beautiful tropical environment and being environmentally sound. What could be better!
Learn more about Susan.