I follow The New Civil Rights Movement to keep up on all the latest news on marriage equality and LGBT equality in general. It’s a great way to stay up to date. Here are some of today’s positive headlines:
- Nevada Senate Passes Same-Sex Marriage Bill — Senator Comes Out During Debate
- Delaware House Approves Same-Sex Marriage Bill 23-18
- Same-Sex Marriage: Rhode Island Senate Committee Passes Bill
- France Now Offers Same-Sex Marriage — Bill Passes By Wide Margin — Final Vote 331-225
Some of the not so positive:
- NOM (National Organization for Marriage) Finally Denounces Homophobic Violence In France — 5 Hours After Equality Becomes Law
- Bachmann Enters Into Congressional Record Support of Event Likening Homosexuality With Terrorism
- ‘Homosexuals Must Be Killed’ Trending In France On Twitter
- NOM Blames Gay Marriage For Hawaii Discrimination Lawsuit. Hawaii Doesn’t Have Gay Marriage.
I prefer the positive news but cannot ignore those who hate and incite violence against those I love and support. I don’t understand what they are so afraid of. I get their religious beliefs. No one is asking them to change that. What I don’t get is how they justify those beliefs and their hatefulness towards gays and lesbians. Where is that in the bible?
The future I see is one of equality where my LGBT brothers and sisters, sons and daughters will live with all the same rights I have and live in peace. That is my ardent prayer and the god of my understanding supports my vision.
Learn more about Susan.